The lists we’ve assembled were done so by researching publicly available data from a number of sources, but, mainly from our own methodology as stated below. We have designed our Ph.D. rankings to be used as a tool for potential students hoping to join a Ph.D. program in their future. Our researchers and editors have made use of the following criteria in building our program rankings with primarily the needs of the Ph.D. student in mind, such as:
PROGRAM CRITERIA – 50%
- How is the delivery of the online Ph.D. program? Is it an easy-to-use program, asynchronous, flexible, etc.?
- What are the retention rates of the program as a whole, online or on-campus?
- What percentage of this program can be done solely online?
SUPPLEMENTAL SERVICES – 30%
- How are the program’s career services? For example, do they offer career counseling and job placement services applicable to your Ph.D. credentials?
- Does the program offer any “extras” related to Ph.D. programs versus another similar school program?
- How does the post-graduation job placement rate from this program compare to others?
SCHOOL STANDARDS – 20%
- Does the Ph.D. program adhere to standard school accreditation/s and have procured other outside recognitions?
- Is there a variety and breadth of the Ph.D. or Doctorate degree curriculum?
- What is the acceptance rate of the school and Ph.D. program?
- How much experience do the professors have in teaching? Do they hold Ph.D. degrees themselves?
This website will aid in that first step in preparing you for your Ph. D. path towards selecting an online college that works for you and your needs. Perusing each schools’ website yourself and requesting information to be sent to you for your evaluation is highly recommended and encouraged.
- The writers and editors of Online-PhD-Degrees.com gather the most important and relevant information from the independent, unbiased NCES.gov’s College Navigator as well as college websites and publicly available data including various highly respected sources.
- Sponsored schools are, in fact, paid advertisements that are not in any way affiliated with OPD’s individual school rankings. They are distinctly defined with the word “AD” so as to not perplex our visitors with what the site editors, researchers, and writers of OPD have methodologically researched and ranked. Independently sponsored schools pay for their placement on our site. For more information regarding our ranking methodology or our sponsored schools, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.